Branch lobbies are open with limited hours and safeguards in place for your protection. Click here for the latest information.
The 2020 Scholarship Application Period is Now CLOSED
A $500 scholarship awarded to York County women who have demonstrated exceptional leadership potential, to be used toward college expenses at an accredited college or university.
York Traditions Bank will award up to Five (5) scholarships in 2020 on a competitive basis.
Read about our 2019 Her Traditions Scholarship recipients.
Program Purpose and Description
A community is only as strong as its best leaders. Recognizing the influential role in York County of women as business and community leaders, York Traditions Bank, as part of its commitment to the local community, has created the Her Traditions Scholarship Program to help develop the leadership potential of women who will ultimately serve as role models for future generations of youth in the County.
- Residency – Female residents of York County who are 2020 graduating seniors at a public or accredited private high school in the County
- Leadership – Applicants must have also served as a class officer or held another leadership position in an organized, school-sponsored activity or community organization
- Academics – Grade point average of 3.0 or higher, on a 4.0 scale, maintained through the end of the junior year in high school
- Community Service – Applicants must have accumulated a minimum of 20 hours of community service within the past calendar year (12 months)
- Completed Her Traditions Scholarship Program application form
- Academic transcript current through the end of the junior year
- Letter of recommendation from the adult supervisor of the club, organization or community service activity in which the student has held a leadership position
- On a separate sheet of paper, answer the following in 250 words or less: How do you define leadership? Describe how you have demonstrated leadership ability both in and out of school.
Applications can also be picked up at any of our locations throughout York County.
Applicants will be rated competitively by an advisory panel, who will select up to five (5) applicants for their potential as leaders and role models, based on the combined strengths of their academic records, recommendation letters, and essay.
Once selected, recipients will be required to submit documentation of registration for the subsequent fall term at an accredited college or university that awards degrees at the Associate level or higher. Students who do not provide enrollment documentation will forfeit their scholarships. York Traditions Bank will attempt to award forfeited scholarships to alternate recipients.
Application Period and Deadlines
The application period is now closed. Deadline to apply was February 28, 2020. All applicants will be notified by the end of April.
Check back this fall for information on the 2021 Her Traditions Scholarship Program.