A Tradition of Giving
At York Traditions Bank, a commitment to the York and Hanover communities is a part of who we are. We give back through our Associates’ time in volunteer hours and financially through philanthropic charitable donations. Since our inception, we’ve donated more than $1.2 million and thousands of hours of our Associates’ time in support of local, charitable organizations
Types of Organizations We Support
- Education and Youth
- Arts and Culture
- Economic Development
- Health and Human Services
Educational Improvement Tax Credit (EITC) Program Participant
Through Pennsylvania’s EITC program, we have contributed funding to area scholarship organizations (SO), educational improvement organizations (EIO) and/or pre-kindergarten scholarship organizations (PKSO).
This funding is based on yearly PA state approval and contribution limits. Funding is only available for approved EITC recipient organizations.
More information on the EITC program is available here.
Donation Request Guidelines
The York Traditions Bank community support committee reviews all requests on a monthly basis.
In general, we do not make grants to:
- Non-501(c)(3) organizations
- Sports Teams
- Capital Campaigns
- Political Organizations or Candidates
- Fraternal Organizations
- Regional, National or International Organizations — Unless their programs directly impact the York/ Hanover communities.
Requesting organizations should be prepared to submit the following:
- Copy of IRS 501(c)(3) federal tax exemption letter of determination
- Annual or project budget
- List of other project funders
- Impact measurements or studies for project, event or program
Supporting documents (sponsorship packets, request letters, event photos, etc.,) can be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org