Personal Mobile Banking
York Traditions Mobile Banking brings banking to your mobile device, allowing you to monitor your account from your mobile phone or tablet at any time.
- View account balances & transaction history
- Transfer money between accounts
- Pay bills (including e-Bills)
- View check images
- Send & receive money using Popmoney
- Receive account alerts
- Find ATM & branch information
York Traditions Mobile Banking uses the same multilayer security as your desktop computer.
If you’re already enrolled for our Online Banking service, log into Online Banking using your desktop computer. Under the Account Services, choose the Requests tab, and then click on Mobile Banking Enrollment. Follow the on-screen instructions to sign up for one or more of the following ways to use Mobile Banking! Then follow the on-screen instructions to complete the enrollment.
- iPhone/Android: Visit your phone’s app store to download our application. Search for “York Traditions Bank”.
- Mobile Browser: From your phone’s browser, visit our website and log in as normal.
- Text Banking: For a complete list of commands, text HELP to the number provided during enrollment.
Message and Data charges from your telecommunications provider may apply.
Find out more about Mobile Banking by watching the video tutorial on the left side of this page, or by reading through our Frequently Asked Questions below!
York Traditions Bank Mobile Banking Frequently Asked Questions
What can I do with York Traditions Mobile Banking?
York Traditions Mobile Banking allows you to:
- View account balances
- View transaction history
- View check images
- Transfer funds
- Pay bills
- Receive text alerts
My phone doesn’t have Internet access. Can I still use York Traditions Mobile Banking?
Yes. All you need is a phone with text messaging. You can receive account alerts and send a text to view account balance or transaction history.
SMS Text Banking messages are not encrypted and there is no application time out. If your phone or device is lost or stolen, you should deactivate the service. Unless the service is deactivated, it may be possible for another person in possession of the phone to view any text messages stored on the device, and see information such as account balances and recent history.
How do I enroll in York Traditions Mobile Banking?
See instructions above under “Enroll Now!”
Are there guidelines for creating account “nicknames”?
During enrollment, you are given the option of providing “nicknames” for your accounts. Choosing an appropriate nickname is especially important if you use the SMS text service for York Traditions Mobile Banking, because your HIST inquiries use the nickname. It’s also included in the account history message returned by the financial institution.
For this reason, the nickname should be as short as possible. There is a maximum of ten characters, and fewer than five is recommended if you plan to use the SMS text service.
An SMS text message can contain only 160 characters total. Using as few as possible in your account nickname helps ensure that your account information will fit into a single message.
What phones are supported for York Traditions Mobile Banking?
Any phone with text messaging capabilities can take advantage of York Traditions Mobile Banking.
Is York Traditions Mobile Banking secure?
Yes, York Traditions Mobile Banking uses the same multilayer security as your desktop computer.
No non-public personal data is sent to or stored on the mobile banking devices and sensitive information is not available even if someone else gains access to the device. However, you should help protect your personal information by keeping the following guidelines in mind:
- SMS Text banking uses the phone number associated with your device for authentication. If the device is lost or stolen, you should deactivate your SMS Text banking service immediately. If the service remains active, another person in possession of the phone can use your SMS Text banking service to see account balances and transaction history.
- Do not store text messages from SMS Text banking. They could be read by another person, and may contain information such as our contact SMS Text number and your account nicknames that would allow another person to access your SMS Text banking.
- Do not store your online banking password in the device browser. Storing the password would potentially allow another person to follow the bookmark and log in. Quit out of the browser after each Internet banking session to erase session information and keep an unauthorized person from using the “back” browser function to re-enter your online banking.
Can I use York Traditions Mobile Banking on more than one phone?
Yes. You can add phones, change services or cancel at any time from the York Traditions Mobile Banking setup screen.