Even in times of crisis, scammers are on the prowl to take hold of your personal information.
Its always important to be cautious and skeptical of anyone contacting you and requesting sensitive information such as your social security number, date of birth, or any other identifying information. Even when you are careful, fraudsters can still find tricky ways to get your information. Before that happens, it’s important that you have tools in place that allow you to act quickly.
York Traditions Bank is your partner in fraud protection, and we’re proud to offer many tools to help this type of activity from affecting your finances. Acting quickly in the event of fraud can make a huge difference in mitigating a scammer’s efforts. Real-Time Alerts and Card Valet are excellent digital solutions in your arsenal to protect against the potentially devastating effects of fraud.
Both are excellent tools for managing your accounts, and they provide a comprehensive way to make sure you are alerted quickly if your bank accounts are compromised and enable you to take action fast. Here’s some more information about the benefits of these two products:
With Real-Time Alerts, you’ll always know what’s happening with your money, and you can watch for suspicious activity in real-time. Real-Time Alerts allow you to customize how you’d like to receive your alerts. You can receive notifications as texts, email, push, or delivery through your online banking system:
- Text: Receive Real-Time Alerts through text messages* on your smartphone or wearable devices.
- Email: Receive email messages about your account activity.
- Push Notifications: Receive Real-Time Alerts as push notifications from your smartphone. Activate these alerts within our Mobile Banking app
- Online Banking Message Center: View your Real-Time Alerts every time you log on to Online Banking.
*Text and data rates may apply from your service provider.
(Online Banking and Mobile Banking alerts set up prior to April 27, 2020, are no longer active.)
Card Valet is a free app that allows you to have full control of the cards in your wallet via your smartphone. With Card Valet, you can quickly protect yourself against fraudulent use of a lost, stolen, or compromised York Traditions Bank debit card.
Here are some great ways Card Valet can help you manage your debit cards, including controlling the ways your dependents may use them:
- Turn cards on/ off for all transactions.
- Geographically define and limit the areas where your card is used.
- Limit the type of merchants where the card can be used.
- Set limits on the dollar amount for any transaction.
- Receive alerts when anyone attempts to use the card outside your limits.
- Instantly change your settings, giving you complete control over your debit card.
Learn more about Card Valet by viewing this video.
No one wants to fall victim to fraud, but Real-Time Alerts and Card Valet allow you to take control and act quickly if you do. Remember, the most important step in mitigating the effects of fraud is stopping it before it starts. Learn more about how to avoid falling victim to scams and other financial education tips on our EnrichU video resources page.